This is a RECOMMENDED Format (You can use your own format as long as you answer the 4 questions outlined on the “challenge” page)
Marketing Plan Summary
-You are asked to submit the summary of your plan by November 7, 2012 via email.
-The summary has to be prepared in PowerPoint format. (ppt or pptx)
-The summary can be up to 5 slides (maximum)
- Ensure that your school’s name, team members’ names and the campaign slogan are written on the 1st slide. (1 slide)
- List the characteristics of people who would want to visit Kobe Harborland in the second slide . (1 slide)
- Briefly explain (visually or in writing) what kind of advertising tools or promotional materials you are planning to use. (Up to 2 slides)
- Briefly explain (visually or in writing) which social media platform you will focus on and how you are planning to use it. (Up to 2 slides)
- Please attach the descriptions, sketches or samples of your advertisements and/or promotional materials along with your plan. (Optional)
- You are allowed include “presenters notes” in your summary. (Optional)
- You are allowed to include appendixes (e.g. tables, figures, etc.) after the first 5 slides in your PowerPoint document. (Optional)
- Contestants should send an email with a .ppt attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 7th, 23:59pm.
- The body of the email should include the following: a) university name, b) team members and their email addresses, c) URL of the YouTube video (optional), and d) the rationale: a short explanation of the focus of your marketing plan and your major marketing campaign (1 paragraph maximum, no strict format).
- The subject line of the email should read: MCJ 2012 Your Name, Your University. Example: MCJ 2012 Taro Yamada, Tokyo University.
- The .ppt attachment should not be longer than 5 slides and include a) background, b) target consumers, c) ads and promotions, and d) social media activities.
- Create a TV commercial to promote Kobe Harborland to domestic travelers in Japan.
- The length of the commercial should be between 10 and 60 seconds.
- The commercial setting can be indoor or outdoor.
- There is no strict format (with or without raw footage, edited footage, anime, still image, sketch, multiple files, audio, text, human voice, computer generated voice, song, background music, video effects, etc.).
- Your commercial can be related or unrelated to your social media campaign.
- Upload your video to YouTube with the title (Kobe Harborland_your university_initials of the leader_MCJ2012). Example for Toru Yamada from Kobe University : Kobe Harborland_Kobe University_TY_MCJ2012
- You cannot include negative info, and your videos cannot have violence and obscenity, etc. If you decide to include these elements, not only you but also your school will be disqualified for 5 years.
- You are not allowed to take pictures or video of Kobe Harborland.
- The deadline to submit youtube videos is December 1, 2012.
Full Marketing Plan
- The plan has to be prepared in MS power Point (ppt/pptx).
- The plan should be divided into 6 different sections; namely, 1) Introduction 2) Research 3) Target 4) Strategy 5) Traditional Advertising and Promotions 6) Social media Activities
- The plan can be of maximum 20 slides (excluding video and audio files)
- You are free to use any type of background you’d like. You are encouraged to come up with a creative presentation material instead of using a typical black and white power point presentation.
1-Introduction: Introduce your self and your campaign (1 Slide)
- School’s name
- Team members’ names
- Your slogan for the Campaign
2-Research: Briefly summarize your research findings (4 slides Maximum)
- Explain how you did your research.
- Explain your major findings.
- What are the major travelling trends?
- How do Japanese people decide where to travel?
- How do they get their tickets, or how do they travel to the places they want to visit?
- What do Japanese people do when they visit different places in Japan?
- What do Japanese people do when they travel to Kansai?
- What do Japanese people think about Kobe?
- What kind of domestic tourists do you think would visit Kobe?
- What kind of people do you think would visit Kobe Harborland?
3-Target: What kind of people would want to visit Kobe Harborland? (3 Slides Maximum)
- Who are they?
- Where do they live?
- What are their interests?
- What kind of lifestyle do they have?
- How can we reach them?
- What kind(s) of message(s) would be more effective for them?
- How can we make them come to the store and try our product?
5- Strategy: State the core concepts of your plan (2 Slides Maximum)
- What functional and/or emotional benefit will you emphasize most?
- What is your campaign slogan?
- What kind of advertising or promotion tool will you focus on most?
- Which region of Japan will you focus on in your campaign (Kansai, all of Japan, etc.)? Why?
- Which media channels will you use in your campaign (TV, magazines, radio, newspapers, outdoor, various websites, etc.)? Why?
- What is your slogan/catch copy? What is the main benefit of visiting Harborland? Is your message emotional? Why did you choose this slogan/catch copy?
- Would you collaborate with any celebrity, sports team, or group? How? (Please remember you have a very small budget.)
- Would you collaborate with any other company or organization? How?
- Would you sponsor any event, person, or activity? How? (Please remember you have a very small budget.)
6- Traditional Advertising and Promotions:Explain what kind of advertising and promotion you will use (7 slides Maximum.)
- Traditional advertising tools (Outdoors, trains, newspapers, radio, TV, magazines, etc.)
- Direct mail (Sending brochures, leaflets and samples to airports, travel agents, etc.)
- Internet advertising (Displaying ads on websites, email advertising, mail magazines, etc.)
- Promotions (Sweepstakes, coupons, special discounts, gift with purchases, etc.)
- Point of Purchase Activities (In store signs, etc.)
- Other forms of advertising and promotions: ?
7- Social Media Activities:Explain how you will use social media tools (7 slides Maximum, excluding banners, posters, ads, videos, audio files). Explain which social media tool(s) you will focus on and why
- How would you use each social network?
- What kinds of promotions (contests, sweepstakes, coupons, etc.) would you run? Why should people participate in your campaign? Are there similar campaigns?
- How would you increase the number of your fans and followers? Why should people follow your account? What is the benefit? How will they find out about your account?
- What kinds of messages would you send to your fans and followers? Why? Show examples.
- Would you design a new application? What kind of application would you design?
PS: It is not mandatory to use all the different advertising tools in Section #6. You can choose to use all of them, only a few of them or simply none of them and skip to Section 7 directly from Section 5.