1: What is Intercollegiate Marketing Competition Japan? It is a marketing competition where small teams from different Japanese universities present their marketing plans in English before judges and an audience.
2: What is the purpose of this competition?This competition is organized to help Japanese college students
- improve English skills and critical thinking skills
- strengthen presentation and communication skills
- develop business knowledge and prepare for job hunting
- prepare for the 21st century by increasing global awareness
- understand the importance of social media tools in business
3: When and where is the competition going to be held?
- Date: December 17, 2011 at 2:00 PM
- Venue: Main Hall, Kobe City University of Foreign Studies
4: How can I participate in this competition?
- Step 1: Form a small team (minimum 3 , maximum 5 members)
- Step 2: Sign up for the competition at marketingjp.com/registration (Deadline: October 16, 2011. Registration is free.)
- Step 3: Send the summary of your plan via email (Deadline: November 16, 2011)
- Step 4: Present your plan before judges (December 17, 2011, Qualified teams only)
5: What kind of marketing plan am I going to prepare?A very simple plan that does not require any previous knowledge of marketing. You only have to answer these 4 questions:
- Who are the most likely purchasers of B-Three pants?
- What is the best advertising message?
- What kind of advertising and promotion should B-Three use?
- How should B-Three use new social media channels (e.g. Twitter, Mixi, Youtube, etc.) to become more popular and increase its sales?
6: What if I don’t have any previous knowledge of marketing ?
- Previous marketing knowledge is not essential because participants will only answer four basic questions.
- Participants are also allowed to get help from their teachers or friends.
7: What if I have a bad English accent or limited English skills?
- Participants are not expected to speak perfect English.
- English pronunciation or English fluency will not be evaluated in the competition.
8: What is the evaluation criteria?
- Presentation Quality– 50 Points (Confidence: 20 points, Passion: 10 points, Organization: and Clarity 10 points, Q&A Performance: 10 points )
- Creativity and originality– 30 points
- Feasibility -20 points
9: Can foreign students who are registered at Japanese universities also participate?
10: Who is the organizer of this competition?
- This competition is organized by Marketing Competition Japan Committee at Kobe City University of Foreign Studies. Adam Acar, associate professor of communication at Kobe City Unviersity of Foreign Studies, heads the committee and is responsible for guidance and management.